Our member providers do over 60% of all legal funding transactions in the United States. They adhere to the following best practices and set the industry standard.
1. Each member agrees to obtain written acknowledgement from the consumer’s attorney before funding their case.
2. Each member agrees that their transaction with the consumer shall constitute the entire agreement between the member and the consumer. Each member agrees that they will not take any step to:
- Acquire ownership in the consumer’s litigation
- Interfere or participate in the consumer’s litigation, and/or attempt to influence the consumer’s litigation
3. Each member agrees that they will not intentionally advance the consumer money in excess of the consumer’s needs at the time the advance is completed.
4. Each member agrees that they will not intentionally over-fund a case in relation to their perceived value of the case at the time of such advance.
5. Each member agrees that they will not advertise false or intentionally misleading information.
6. Each member agrees that they will not offer or pay commissions or referral fees to any attorney or employee of a law firm for referring a consumer to the member